We encourage our clients to embrace originality and timeless interiors that are true to them rather than following trends. Here is how we do it:
1. Identify your personal style: We focus on understanding your personal preferences, interests, and lifestyle. What colours, patterns, and textures resonate with you? The way to do this best is by pausing when you see something you like and ask yourself if you like it or love it. Have you always loved it? Has it always sparked something positive inside of you. If the answer is yes, there’s a good chance you will love it for the years to come. We go through a selection of images with you to understand what sparks your joy.
2. Curate meaningful pieces: We ask if you have any furniture, decor, and art that hold sentimental value or evoke positive emotions. Incorporating pieces that tell your story adds depth and authenticity to your space, making it truly one-of-a-kind. These will also make you smile every time you enter the room.
3. Invest in quality: We research and find you furniture and décor items that are going to be useful and stand the test of time. This is in the quality of the furniture but also in the use you will get out of it. Other than in a young child’s bedroom, the rest of the house should be a collection of items that works for you for many years.
4. Prioritise functionality: A timeless home is also a practical one. Designing your space to accommodate your daily routines and needs is a top priority for us. A well-organised and functional layout enhances the longevity of the design while ensuring a seamless flow in your daily life making it a pleasure for you to live in and host your guests.
5. Classic foundations: Creating with classic elements such as the walls, floors, window treatments and major furniture pieces can allow you to always keep falling in love with your home. These serve as a versatile backdrop that allows you to change accents and accessories over time without altering the core design.
6. Timeless Patterns and Textures: Selecting patterns and textures that have stood the test of time, such as herringbone, stripes, and natural weaves can also help. These classic elements add depth and visual interest to your home without becoming dated.
7. Adapt, don’t adopt: While inspiration from trends is fine, adapting them to your personal style rather than adopting them will serve you well in the long run. Incorporate trendy elements in small, interchangeable ways that can easily evolve over time.
8. Seek Professional Guidance: Our experience helps us understand your vision so we can create a space that’s both original and timeless to you. Our expertise can help you strike the perfect balance between personal style and enduring design.
Remember, your home is a canvas for self-expression and sanctuary to help you take on the world. By embracing your individuality and following these principles, you can craft an interior that remains beautiful, functional, and meaningful for years to come.
Get in touch with us today to discuss how you would like your interiors to support your dream home life.